Wednesday, November 5, 2008


"I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..."

"A democracy cannot survive as a permanent form of government. It can last only until its citizens discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority (who vote) will vote for those candidates promising the greatest benefits from the public purse, with the result that a democracy will always collapse from loose fiscal policies" -Lord Thomas MacCauley

6 comments:

Megan said...

I've been waiting to see what the post-election post would be. You did not disappoint.

Todd said...

No... I figured "disappointing" is John McCain's job.

Judy said...

What a perfect quote for our times...we certainly seem to have fulfilled his prediction.

brianne said...

Yes! Now I wont have to worry about how to get those $600 Marc Jacob shoes! Thank you, Obamarama@!

Cameron Family said...

Awesome :)

Schimbeck's said...

LOL I posted this all over on some forums during the election. I can't wait until January no more house payment and free gas.