Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Miracle!

We were 5th place, out of 5 teams, going into our final regular season game, where we barely made the playoffs by beating the number 4 team by one goal.

So, last night (in the playoffs) we had to play the number 1 seed in the semifinals, and then the number 2 team for the championship. We won our games 5-2 and 4-1 and are the new Bronze B (read: lowest level of recreational inline hockey) champions!



And yes, this is the blogworthy event that broke my blog silence after 3 months.

7 comments:

Brett said...

AND --- Todd scored one of those four goals in the final game.

And, he did it right after breaking an axle on one of his skates.

Todd said...

I actually think I might have scored that goal BECAUSE of the broken axle.

I think my stutter-step one-foot trip-skating towards the goalie had him totally confused. And probably a little scared.

brianne said...

Woot woot! Nothing like a good underdog story! Way to go, Todd. Proud of ya. You gonna keep playing?

And that picture has me a little confused.. and scared. I don't know if I should find those hockey players sexy...or if I should be calling them "dad".

Judy said...

Congratulations...how exciting!

I love that you and Max are both playing hockey!!!

Anonymous said...

It usually takes me only a second to come up with a good snide comment about any blog post. This post is evoking too many jokes that my smart alec mind can't focus on one long enough to put it into words.

-John

Anonymous said...

What John means to say is CONGRATS!!! That is so cool.

Cameron Family said...

Awesome! I wish you had been in season while we were there...it would have been fun to watch ya!

Congrats!